Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 24.11.2012, 15:32   #4
3(dimann)
Пользователь

The Road Car - Sard MC8

This very elusive animal was produce purely so that the race-car could compete. Hence only 1 was ever made for homologation rules... Information is very sketchy as to it's whereabouts but the last i had heard is that it had sold for over $90'000 USD to a private collector. How much of this is true i am unsure...! Though it is known that the road car had the same engine and gearbox as the 1995 race car. As far as i know, these are the only two pictures.....

Where did she go? I wonder if the power of the internet will help us find her.

First lets start with who she is. This car is one of the most rare and unique artifacts of JDM tuning. It is a GT1 car produced by SARD in 1995 as a street homologation model. For the MC8 race car there was only one street version ever made and it’s whereabouts are unknown. I’d put this as one of the most rare and unique street cars ever to come out of the Japanese tuning world and I’m fascinated to know what ever happened to it!

The car is built off of a SW20 MR-2 chassis that has been elongated and powered by a 1UZ-FE which was twin turbo’d to put out 600hp. The car has that perfect mid ’90′s JDM race car vibe to it. It’s not terribly pretty by modern and/or mainstream standards, but the hardcore golden era JDM style it masters makes up for it’s somewhat unusual looks.

The race version of the cars ran 24 hours of Le Mans in 1995,1996 and 1997 as well as the FIA GT Championship and a few other races before retiring.
3(dimann) вне форума   Ответить с цитированием